Monday, October 31, 2011

The sanctity of marriage


It was announced today that Kim Kardashian filed for divorce from her husband of less than three months, Kris Humphries. For those of you that don't know, Kim Kardashian's wedding was a spectacle to say the least. The wedding was televised on the E! network and was viewed by approximately four million people. The cost of the wedding exceeded ten million dollars. Hundreds of guests, including a slew of celebrities, were in attendance to witness Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries commit to one another as man and wife for the rest of their lives. Kim Kardashian's 90-something year old Grandfather even made it out in his wheelchair to witness the momentous event. 

In the E! wedding special which documented all of the events that led up to the nuptials, it was obvious that Kim and Kris were not meant to be. He was young, immature, and to be frank, a bit of an asshole. He was rude to Kim's sister, Khloe by means of verbal assaults. He was disrespectful to Kim's Mother by locking her out of her own home. He was even rude to Kim by insulting her career ambitions. Every statement that Kris Humphries uttered was an annoyance to her family and to viewers. 

Kim however seemed oblivious and blind to his lack of charm and manners. All the girl knew was that she was getting married. 

Well Kim, have some respect for the sanctity of marriage. 

I am entirely disgusted and disappointed by this divorce. Because the wedding was so expensive? No. Because so many people were happy for you and now you've made them sad by divorcing each other? No. Because your family has to be sad and disappointed for you? No. It's because you didn't commit to something as serious as marriage whole heartily. 

Look, don't get me wrong. I understand that divorce happens. Relationships are hard. However, the divorce rate in the United States is around 50% and that is because of people like Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries who don't understand morals and values much less possess them. If they did, they would understand the sanctity of marriage and try really hard to make it work or never have bothered getting married in the first place. 

I don't know Kim and Kris but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess some of the biggest issues they faced in their relationship which ultimately led to their demise. 

1) Kris wanted to settle in Minnesota, his hometown, raise a family and live a quite life. 

2) Kris wanted to start having babies yesterday.

3) Kris didn't get along with Kim's family. 

4) Kris didn't take Kim and her career as seriously as she did. 

The above issues are serious. They are issues that many couples deal with. They are issues that should be discussed before making a commitment as serious as marriage. I feel like I'm starting to repeat myself so I will end by saying that divorce is inevitable for some but with that said, I don't believe that marriage is something that you should walk into knowing in the back of your head that you can end it anytime you darn well feel like it. I suggest entering marriage believing in the vows that you take on your wedding day. Make it work the best that you can for as long as you can. Point being, I don't think you deserve to get married if you can't make it work for more than three months. Have some endurance for crying out loud!

Kris, this is your song.

10 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading your future blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it is NOT all about Kim, she can't handle it. She is not a homemaker or a wife. She prefers to be a celebutant. It would be fine with me if we never heard the kardisian name ever again, ever!
    I think she should be ashamed of herself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief, please tell me you're kidding with this! I don't follow the Kartrashians at all, but because I heard that the wedding special was hilarious, I watched it. Did you see it at all? Did you see how Kris really didn't matter to Kim or her mother? It was all about Kim and her dress! Kris was just another accessory, like the flowers. Nothing he wanted was taken into account. Kim and her mother just blew off his wishes like they didn't matter. And, yes, Kris's family is from Minnestoa, and Mamma Kartrashian did't even make arrangements for them to get from the wedding to the reception. I have never seen more self-involved shallow people in my life. Kim wants out of the marriage because she's not at the top of the news anymore. What's next?? Kim's fairytale divorce specials? I hope Kris realizes he's been given a gift, and gets away from this loony family as fast as he can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not kidding in the sense that a lot of young girls out there watch The Kardashian's and the reality is that some of those girls will think it's ok to grow up and marry someone just so they can have an extravagant wedding and wear as many lavish dresses as they want.

    I did see the wedding special and I completely agree with you that he and his opinions meant nothing. He was an accessory. I thought it was horribly insulting to him and his family that they weren't included in the limo lineup.

    Thank you for your comment, it inspired my latest blog. http://thefairytalefail.blogspot.com/2011/11/dumb-jock.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see useful, funny, and cool options...where's the "stupid" check box?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always see this wedding as to good to be true :

    first : they spent NOTHING on the wedding, not even for the cake,gowns, the funny thing is.. they're making something out of the marriage..

    second : I believe that Marriage is not only about 2 people commitment until death do them apart, but also about 2 family coming along together. and I don't see that in these 2 families.

    third : there's never a chemical connection between these two people..the way they look each other is weird..

    but that's just me :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can relate a little bit with wha Kim is going through right now. 10 years ago I almost got married, I had everything ready, from the dress,the apartment to the invitations sent out. In the back of my head and my heart something kept telling me not to get married, I wasn't really inlove, I was more worried that I was 26 years old and I had to get married soon which my then fiance used to constantly remind me, but deep inside I didn't wan to and then on day I just took the courage to cancel everything before it was too late. We had already spent money with the preparatios but I didn't care about the money but about my happiness and my life. Somehow it turned outto be one of the best decisions I ever made and realized that my then fiance wasn't all that happy either with the wedding thing.
    Today I am happily married and dnt regreat my decisions.
    Kim's case makes it a whole drama only because she is a public figure, but these kind of things happen to normal people too.
    One of my best friends had the same situacion but she and her fiance had been together for 9 years and after spending a lot of money in their wedding they got divorce only 2 years after. She didn't want to get married in the first place but didn't have the courage to stop it when she should had.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you to those of you that comment, I really appreciate it as I enjoy reading your perspectives on the situation. I agree with you RiRi, the way they look at each other is weird...it's like watching people two people with asperger syndrome.

    I really enjoyed reading the most recent anonymous comment. It was very open and insightful. I admire you for stepping out when you did. I realize that what you and your friend experienced happens to many people. However, I think a lot of those people date for a longer period of time than Kim and Kris, which I find more to be a more intelligent and respectful approach.

    ReplyDelete
  9. KIM KARDASHIAN SHOULD HAVE MARRIED BERNIE MADOFF

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hilarious post anon Nov 4, 3:37 PM! LMAO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete