Thursday, November 3, 2011

The epitome of denial


I don't like Maria Schriver. There, I've said it. I think she's a disgrace to women.

Walking among us is a strange subculture of women who willingly turn a blind eye to the infidelity in their marriages. I imagine these women saying to themselves "I'm his wife, she's merely the mistress." Well ladies, that in no way justifies your husband's behavior and lack of respect for you.

For those of you that don't know Maria Schriver was married to Arnold Schwarzenegger for twenty five years. During that time, he fathered his now 14 year old illegitimate son with none other than his mistress, the nanny of the household. The nanny had been employed by Arnold and Maria for twenty years, working in their home until the scandal broke. The most disturbing fact? His illegitimate son was born less than one week after his youngest son with Maria. 

Now, I'm sorry but there is no way in hell Maria looked at her nanny's son on a regular basis and never put two and two together. Look at him.


Maria definitely knew the truth the entire time but could not admit it to herself or to others. She was too afraid to question the truth because she didn't want to have to accept it. She didn't want everyone to know that her life had come to that. I hope her 14 years of denial was worth it. I truly believe that she would have lived the rest of her days on earth accepting the dysfunction of her life if the scandal had never been exposed to the public. 

Maria is a not only a weak woman, she is a weak individual. There is an important lesson to be learned from Maria. When something is going on in your relationship that's not right, speak up and address your problems. If you don't, you will eventually become disassociated from normalcy and everyone will see that except for you. People will in turn think less of you and loose respect for you. Have respect for yourself and if your man is is so deeply involved with your nanny to the point that he's giving her babies, woman up and leave his ass. 

Maria, this is what you should have been singing to Arnold the first day you laid eyes of his love child as opposed to putting yourself in the position of seeing your husband's mistress and her son on a regular basis in your home associating with your children for 14 years. Sick. 



8 comments:

  1. Did you ever think, she was probably taking into consideration her OWN children, and how they would be affected once this information came out? She was probably waiting until her 4 children were old enough to understand and come to terms with what their father did. And she was also wanting them to be of adult age to make their own judgement's of the situation, and not ruin their childhood, and the relationship her children had nurtured with their father. Maybe she wasn't wanting to traumatize them, at such a young age. Keep your mind open if you are going to author a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, I appreciate it. I completely understand your perspective and realize that you are a person that apparently cares about the well being of children and their deepest thoughts, feelings and emotions. However, in Maria's case, I feel that raising my children in an environment where their half sibling was regarded as the nanny's son although everyone must have known otherwise, is more damaging to her children's perception of the whole situation now as opposed to acknowledging what was really going on when it occurred. I personally think that I would be more damaged knowing that my parents knew such a thing my entire life and never shared it with me until I was older or in their case, until a scandel broke exposing everything. I would have felt like I had been living a lie my whole life that I wasn't clued in on and that would be extremely hurtful and damaging to me. I think that Maria could have taken herself out of the position that she was in while raising her children and in the meantime supported her children in deciding what they thought of the situation as the aged. If Maria had removed herself from the household, that doesn't mean that the children would have necessarily lost the opportunity to establish a relationship with their Father. Either way, what happened in that household is traumatizing to all that were involved no matter what age they were when it happened. I will attempt to keep an open mind in the future thanks to your comment and again, I appreciate the input. Perhaps we can agree to disagree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Aren't we judgmental and holier-than-thou? If Maria ever reads this, she might wish she had you to advise her on how she should have lived her life. I'm not sure how you can make all these statements. You didn't live Maria's life, she did. Perhaps she thought it would be better to let her children get to an age where they could form their own opinions about their father and his affair. Young children will often blame their mother for ruining their families if she breaks up the family, even if there was an affair involved, as in this case. No one, including you, has the right to judge anyone on how they live their lives. Are you perfect? Do you do everything right? Judging by what you've written in this blog, you certainly have some personality flaws that you could be spending time working on.

    And by the way, it's "scandal", not "scandel". You do know what spell check is, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog is obviously written for entertainment purposes and I would like to thank Claire for her interesting opinions. Even if I didn't completely agree with them, I would feel like a complete moron writing her negative and hostile comments. Furthermore, I would refrain from correcting other people's spelling with my incorrect grammar. Petty. If you don't like this blog, don't read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. I think that negative person is more judgmental than Claire. I smell right-wing Christian. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! You go Claire!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Anonymous at 3:19 pm - Ok, so I guess that we can't agree to disagree. If Maria did read this, maybe she would reflect on her life and wish that she had a friend like me who would do my best at making her realize her self worth. We'll never know. I think you're a hypocrite for assuming what the children would and would not think depending on when their parents separated. Did you know that grown children often resent their mother for 'ruining' their family even though the affair was technically the Father's fault?

    I do not judge people. I merely have opinions as do you. I am not perfect nor do I do everything right, including spell checking. My most sincere apologies for forcing you to read a misspelled word.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Anonymous at 6:35pm I'm glad that you understand my intentions with this blog and I couldn't agree with what you said more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Anonymous at 6:48pm - I smell it too and thank you kindly.

    ReplyDelete