Friday, November 4, 2011

Even playgirls get the blues


Hugh Hefner is the original P-I-M-P. Don't get me wrong. In no way do I condone the objectification of women by any means but the man is a business genius. From a $1000 loan from his mother, he created an empire out of something that that had been a taboo since almost the beginning of time - sex. He was the pioneer in the notion that sex sells and he made it work, which took a lot of determination, pizzazz, smart thinking, and good strategy. For that he deserves my respect. I respect anyone who follows through with a dream because dreams are not easy to obtain. 

I'm not hear to talk about business. I'm here to talk about Holly and Hef. For those of you that don't know, Holly was a homely looking girl from Alaska with a dream of her own. After a plane ticket to LA, a dye job, new boobs and an invite to a party at the Playboy mansion, Holly found herself in the presence of Mr. Hefner. For whatever reason, Hef was smitten with Holly and she soon became one of his his three girlfriends at the time. Then things got serious. 


Eventually, Holly became Hugh Hefner's "number one girl", aka his only girlfriend, who Hugh had committed to being in a serious, monogamous relationship with. People seemed genuinely happy for them. It was Hugh's first serious relationship since his most recent ex-wife and people seemed to really take a liking to Holly. 

To me, Holly was a great girlfriend to Hef. Sure, he's who he is and she's who she is but I personally believe that she really loved the guy. Perhaps she had ill intentions at first but I do believe that she really grew to love the man. That's a whole topic on it's own which I'm not going to get into.

What I will get into is that all Holly wanted in exchange for her love and devotion to Hugh was a ring, but more importantly some babies. She made this quite clear to both the press and to her man. She was over 30 years old and her biological clock was ticking. She also shared with the press that she would not stay in the relationship with Hugh Hefner unless he could live up to her expectations. 

Time passed and Hugh never did propose nor did he provide her children so she said good-bye. Good for her. The girl made me very proud when she did that. Obviously it must have not been an easy decision to make but she stood her ground and I was very impressed by that. 

So remember at the beginning of this post when I said that I respected Hugh? Well all that changed when he did the unthinkable. He proposed to Crystal Harris! It's funny how one's actions can overshadow all their good. 

I won't bother posting a picture of Crystal Harris as I don't think she's worthy of such an honor. So to recap, Holly and Hef were together for approximately six years. Not less than a few months later, he proposed to this Crystal girl. When I heard this my heart broke for Holly. 

Moral of story: men can be such assholes but good for Holly on not giving up on her priorities in life no matter how great she thought Hugh was. Since she was arguably successful with her dreams of making it in Hollywood, then I'm confident that she'll fulfill her dreams of becoming a mother but this time with a deserving man. 

I will end by informing those of you that don't know that Crystal Harris dumped Hugh Hefner one day before their scheduled nuptials. If that's not karma then I don't know what is. 

And for those of you thinking that maybe Hugh and Holly will rekindle, don't bother - she's too smart for that as she knows he doesn't come close to deserving a second chance with her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment